Motivational Interviewing Blended Learning Training Courses
Motivational Interviewing is an evidence based counselling style approach, designed to help people make positive change. By using a Motivational Interviewing approach, we can help others to:
- Discover their own interest in considering and/or making a change in their life
- Express in their own words their desire for change
- Examine their ambivalence about change
- Plan for and begin the process of change
- Elicit and strengthen change-talk
- Enhance their confidence in taking action
- Strengthen their commitment to change
Our Motivational Interviewing Blended Learning training courses are ideal for those who are short on time but still want to undertake CPD approved training to improve their ability to promote positive change with others. Our Blended Learning approach simply means you do most of the course work in the comfort of your own home or work setting, at a time and pace that suits you. At a later stage you can attend one of out tutor led practice development days, choosing a date that suits your schedule.
Since 1995 coAim has successfully delivered Motivational Interviewing training to thousands of practitioners working in the fields of health and social care, substance misuse, health behaviour change, social inclusion, homelessness, criminal justice, youth services, employment and social services. Our training is designed to engage participants in understanding the values, knowledge and skills underpinning Motivational Interviewing and to embed what they find valuable into their daily practice.
Our Blended Learning courses have two parts:
- Our Motivational Interviewing Theory and Skills courses. These are fully delivered online. On successful completion of your online training course you will receive a Certificate in Motivational Interviewing Theory and Skills. This course can be taken as a stand alone course, or combined with:
- Our Motivational Interviewing Practice Development courses. These are classroom based one day tutor led courses. On successful completion of your tutor led training course you will receive a Certificate in Motivational Interviewing Practice.
The Online part of our training is delivered at three levels:
- Motivational Interviewing Introductory Level Theory and Skills course.
- Motivational Interviewing Intermediate Level Theory and Skills course.
- Motivational Interviewing Advanced Level Theory and Skills course.
We also deliver traditional classroom based practice development training at three levels:
- 1-Day Motivational Interviewing Introductory Level Practice Development course.
- 1-Day Motivational Interviewing Intermediate Level Practice Development course.
- 1-Day Motivational Interviewing Advanced Level Practice Development course.
Motivational Interviewing Training for Trainers Course.
This is a two day intensive tutor led and classroom based course for those who want to become proficient in delivering MI training in the workplace. This course does not teach the clinical skills of MI but rather will focus on how to deliver MI training effectively. Therefore, applicants must already have extensive experience of applying Motivational Interviewing in practice, and should have completed all three levels of our MI Theory and Skills and MI Practice Development training in order to undertake this course. The submission of an audio tape demonstrating proficiency in MI from a client/patient session, will be part of the application process. The course only runs once a year and places are limited. This course does not qualify participants for membership of MINT. Successful participants will receive a coAim issued Certificate as a Trainer in Motivational Interviewing.
Certification for courses.
Your signed certificate can be used to show evidence of course completion and for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements. Our courses are recognised by the ACI for the award of CPD points.
Coaching and Supervision.
Please contact us if you wish to enquire about MI coaching, mentoring or supervision.
Our online MI Theory and Skills courses are available through
MI Theory and Skills Introductory Level
This introductory level course in MI is designed for anyone with an interest in knowing more about this approach. The course will provide you with a solid introduction to the theory and processes of MI. This course includes a comprehensive 63 page course manual which you can download or print off. This course is awarded 10 CPD hours.
Online course €119.00
MI Theory and Skills Intermediate Level
This intermediate level course in MI is for those who have already completed our introductory course. It teaches the core skills and strategies of MI used to develop motivation and promote behaviour change. This course includes a comprehensive 89 page course manual which you can download or print off. This course is awarded 10 CPD hours.
Online course €149.00
MI Theory and Skills Advanced Level
This advanced level course in MI is for those who have already completed our intermediate level course. It teaches the advanced skills of MI in dealing with sustain talk and how best to promote change talk with people. This course includes a comprehensive 87 page course manual which you can download or print off. This course is awarded 10 CPD hours.
Online course €189.00